A Letter to Timbits

Hello Sour Cream Timbits. It’s been a while hasn’t it? I stopped going to Tim Horton’s in the morning just to avoid you. Yes, I was that mad at you. You are so deceivingly tiny and sweet that I never thought you would betray me the way you did, leaving me with a bulging belly and no support. We did have some good times together though, on road trips to the beach and family holidays…but it wasn’t meant to be. I had to sacrifice my morning steeped tea just to keep away from your tempting little sugar peaks. I love the way they bunch up all around you and crunch in my mouth. But that was long ago…why am I thinking about you now? It’s like Michael Corleone said, “Once you’re out, they pull you back in.” I popped into Tim Horton's on our way to the beach last weekend and I met someone new, Lemon Timbit. I never thought I’d say it, but I can’t get enough of her. I’ve been with her four times this week already! I’m ashamed and embarrassed. She is just so refreshing and sweet. I can feel myself falling for her the way I fell for you, throwing all my discipline and willpower out the drive-through window! It’s terrible! I have to ban Tim Horton's from my life again until this summer lemon craze fades away into whatever evil master of seduction they will introduce in the fall.
Good-bye Timbits, I know we’ll meet again (unfortunately).
(Timbits are about 70 calories each! Multiply that by how many you eat and it adds up fast! - Little Bastards)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment